This last week I've been living the quintessential London yuppie lifestyle. Sushi and brunch and shopping and theatre - I'm basically a Kardashian. Except, all that frivolity means I'm now poor and tired but it was all worth it. I was dreading my birthday this year but my fabulous friends made sure that being away from my family wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. I'm a lucky gal.
Here's this week's Added Extras:
1) Rather than a sad sandwich at my desk, my friend Simon took me for birthday lunch at Sticks and Sushi in Covent Garden. It's somewhere that's been on my to-eat list for a long time and it was SO delicious. We had a huge variety of dishes and I left feeling suitably stuffed and ill-equipped for an afternoon back in the office.
2) Carrying on the celebrations on my birthday, Katy invited me to go and see Wicked with her. I've never seen it before despite being a HUGE Wizard of Oz fan so I was very excited. We sank a bottle of red whilst I asked numerous questions about the plot, and although there were a few points I didn't really agree with, overall I loved it and would totally see it again.
3) Along the theme of stuffing my face to forget my getting older, I hit Honest Burger with a couple of girlfriends and fell face first into a plate of their amazing rosemary fries.
4) I got a healthy amount of Zara vouchers for my birthday and hit the Westfield White City store with gusto. Metallic A-line mini skirt and velvet crossover body, be mine!
5) Katy and I spent Friday evening at the Jamie Oliver Cookery School where we learnt how to rustle up a Japanese feast. Teriyaki and miso and gyoza goodness to stuff our faces with. So much fun and good prep for our trip to Japan next year!
6) As is now tradition, around my birthday I gather with some of my favourite people to indulge in bottomless brunch. This year we went to Made Kitchen in Camden which sadly didn't live up to the promising reviews I'd read online. However, after a few complaints I finally managed to get my monies worth and we moved on to the pub afterwards anyway!
7) I managed to get to the gym on Sunday for the first time in ages and despite being unable to walk yesterday, I was glad to go and felt much better for it!
8) I've been spoilt with some beautiful presents this year, but two of my besties encouraged my Tatty Devine obsession with these gorgeous pieces. You might recognise the sewing machine one from my post on the Tatty AW16 collections, and my clever friend in Hong Kong ordered it for me as a surprise after stalking my Instagram account. What a legend.
This week I have very few plans as there's a load of deadlines at work, but on Saturday me, Katy, Emma and Emma are heading up to Leeds for the Bloggers Blog Awards. I'm up for Best Travel Blog so keep everything crossed for me!