Christmas is coming around a bit quick, isn’t it? As always, I think I’m organised by December 1st and then my diary goes crazy, I’m never at home and I have no time to finish my shopping. I haven’t even bought cards yet, let alone sent them (so apologies to anyone reading this that has sent one to me so far!). It’s been such a fun week, seeing some of my favourite people, but also having some time to myself. Here are the Added Extras that have made my week:
Here are the Added Extras that have made my week:
1) Me and some of my Bangarang girls tore up the stage at Gospeloke, belting out Uptown Funk, dressed in robes and with the backing of a full gospel choir. I will remain blissfully ignorant about how in tune we actually were, but rest assured, Claire made up for any of my dodgy notes when she smashed the Lil Kim rap from Lady Marmalade later on. Such a hero!
2) AJ had bought us tickets to see Bill Bailey for my birthday back in September and the time finally came to head to Hammersmith and see the first date of his new Limboland tour. Thankfully he was just as hilarious as I’d hoped and my jaw was genuinely aching from laughing so much by the time it finished.
3) Finally this week I got to meet my friend Simon’s beautiful daughter Josie. He’s been sending me photos to coo over since she was born in January and she’s even more bloody adorable in real life. I got lots of cuddles from her and even more kudos from her dad for ensuring she didn’t cry whenever he left her immediate eye line!
4) I had some time to kill on Friday evening before meeting a friend and I wandered through Trafalgar Square to see the giant Norwegian Christmas tree. There were carol singers and after a pretty emotional day, I’ll be honest, I welled up a bit at how pretty the whole thing was.
5) I ordered Deliveroo for an indulgent evening in by myself. I watched crap on TV and had my pjs on by 6pm. Glorious.
6) On Friday night I had dinner with a wonderful friend and ex-colleague and afterwards we got mulled wine from the markets on the Southbank and sat outside gossiping until it was far too late (and cold).
7) Bottomless prosecco brunches are a blessing and a curse. We started at 11.30am on Saturday and I was in bed by 9.30pm, totally broken and totally drunk. Hooray for Christmas!
Hope you all had a great week too!