Thank the lord for wonderful friends. With 38 days still to go until I leave my job and 57 until I board my plane to Kuala Lumpur I need a lot to take my mind off the fact I’m having to live life as normal for the moment. It’s the people I get to spend my evening and weekends with that really make a difference to my mood and ability to not punch myself in the face and last week they did a particularly stellar job.
Here’s the most recent added extras that made me smile:
1) After buying a kilo of ginger by accident on her recent online shopping escapades, Emma invited a few of us over to her house to make things to get rid of it. I headed over with some bottles of prosecco aaaaaaaaaaand obviously the ginger didn’t get a look in. We had such a fun chilled out night in her east London flat (keep an eye out on her YouTube channel to see what we got up to!).
|Photo by Emma (left to right: me, AJ, Tasha, Emma, Maryam, Leanne)|
2) This Tumblr post made me choke on my cup of tea laughing
3) The sunsets in London at the moment are spot on.
4) After a delicious meal of far too much dim sum at Duck and Rice I spotted this sign outside a pub. That’s a prayer I can get on board with.
5) Another month, another night of Musical Bingo with the Bangarang crew. Too much dancing, singing until I was hoarse and for the first time in three years I BLOODY WON SOMETHING! Those Haribo tasted mighty sweet when you’ve been waiting that long. Milly also did a one woman protest to get the DJ to play T’Pau which cemented her awesomeness.
6) Nothing like Cards Against Humanity to make you snort prosecco accidentally up your nose.
7) I went back to Highgate Cemetery for the third time and it is always worth revisiting. It is totally magical (in a creepy sort of way) and the Egyptian mausoleum is morbidly epic.
What added extras have made your week worthwhile?