It’s been three months in the making but I am finally in the last week of my notice period. Which means I’m now suddenly extremely aware that I fly in just over two weeks and oh my god I have so much to do! Moving my stuff into storage, seeing friends and family, packing everything I need for three months abroad…my lists are breeding lists and making baby lists all over the shop and I can’t keep up. So I went to Scotland, because why not?
Here’s the added extras that made my week:
1) I ate amazing food at Nopi with two gorgeous friends (one of which knows the head chef so we ate a LOT). The Valdeón cheesecake with pickled beetroot, almonds and thyme honey was so good I wanted to smother it in kisses and ask it to move in with me.
2) I was reunited with three fabulous ex-colleagues to gossip over burgers at Byron. I’m so proud of those girls! Buying houses, moving into new flats, quitting jobs – go team!
3) I went sliiiiiiiiightly overboard and abused my work discount for the last time, stocking up on all my make-up basics in prep for being super poor when I get back from The Big Trip. Girl still needs to look fancy even when she can’t afford to leave the house, right?!
4) A few friends on Facebook were sharing illustrations from Rubyetc and she is wonderful. Her sketches are cute and hit my frazzled brain right in the feels.
5) I spent four days in Scotland (more on this to come) and went fishing. Yep. Don’t ask why, but this is how I felt about wearing a pair of waders and going into ice cold water…
What added extras have made your week?