What’s up, Tuesday? Haven’t you come around fast again? Can you believe that this time next week it’ll be August already? That means it’s getting closer to September, the magical birthday month where I constantly use my getting older as an excuse to buy myself shiny new things and eat everything I can find.
I’m getting sorted for my house move at the moment; booking a van, paying my deposit, being all adult-y and such. In between catching Pokemon, obviously.
Here’s this week’s Added Extras:
1) I ate the best chips of my LIFE at Pergola on the Roof. Cooked in chicken fat and covered in scratchings – I just kept commenting how amazing they were after every bite.
2) Some of the Bangarang gals and I met up for prosecco and giggles on Friday night at Emma’s house. Those girls make me howl with laughter, to the point where I’ve cried my mascara off and I’m a hopeless heap on the floor. If that’s not a sign of awesome friends, I don’t know what is.
3) And speaking of Emma, her new YouTube trailer makes me so happy. It shows off exactly why I love her, so go and subscribe to her channel!
4) I drove down to Berkshire to hang out with my older sister and nephew on Saturday. We tucked into a pub lunch, drank pink fizz in the sunshine and put the world to rights in the way only sisters can.
5) On Sunday, Claire, Katy and I headed to Southampton to tour the Royal Caribbean ship Navigator of the Seas. We planned mini golf and found a library and ate Mexican food, but on a BOAT. One big ass boat, too.
6) I GOT PAID. This exciting on any regular month, but thanks to The Big Trip I haven’t had a pay check in four months. Having money come into my account is such a novelty!
7) AJ found a marketing campaign by Unlease.io where they deliver pineapples to people. I don’t really know why, but it was hilarious to get an email from the receptionist at work titled ‘There is a pineapple downstairs for you. Please collect asap.’
8) I did a shoot with a famous healthy eating star for work and it was in the most gorgeous house in Dalston. It all went really well AND I managed 20 minutes for lunch in the sunshine and found this awesome multi-coloured terrace.
9) I’ve booked tickets to Dublin to go and visit my favourite cousin. She moved there in March and I cannot wait to go and give her a big aqueeze and go exploring more of the Emerald Isle.
11) Moving into a new flat means using it as an excuse to buy loads of stuff. I bought a bin in Habitat yesterday and I love it. So I guess I should expect my Adult Badge in the post anytime soon.
I hope everyone’s week is going well so far!